Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cb Pearce Simpson St-901

hard, hard HINES HWY. BUT THAT SHOW! LATEST NEWS







Haines, August 11, 2010.
Hello everyone. I'm still here!
hard, hard Hines Hwy, in fact, the last three days have been terrible for me: no support for 250 km., Always raging against wind, rain at times and bears the risk zone (the Million Dollar Fall Campground, where I thought stop and 'just been closed because' a grizzly pulled down 'tents and hurt someone ...).
Pero 'beauty is always here at home and I could spend more "magic moments" before ending my ride through Alaska and Yukon, in the face of the ocean here.
day before yesterday and I was right at the limit of strength, and even after 70 km. I could not longer 'for the wind (I was only out of inertia, 1km. bike and 1 km. walk now dumbed down by the wind). At one point I said enough, bears or bears pitched his tent here, if the wind will allow me, I take a dirt side road that goes to a river to find a sheltered place, and as soon not seen you around the 'in Séderon the bottom of a Blackbear - black bear, which is walking down my own street. Obviously, I block him and not even aware of my presence (I downwind) disappears in seconds in the bush. Needless to say, I did not felt to stop them ', then turn the bike and resume grinding km. with a reserve fund that did not even know where it was. But once again the star of the traveler has shone in my favor, and after a while I see the fog just off the road a hut of logs, which I had spoken Alvaro y Alicia, Madrid cicloviaggiatori the two that I had crossed to the Denali but now thought not to find more '.
Needless to say, and 'was one of the nights most' beautiful I have ever heard: to protect the cabin from wind and rain, the heater on to dry the stuff and spt. away from bears. I was the king of the Yukon, and after threw myself on the cot with almost instant sleep, awakening during the first night I even made a pasta dish ... What more could you want 'in life. Yesterday
then departing at dawn after a night ok and last puff of a 130 km (!) Always against the wind-up to Haines, the civilization '.
I have never made an effort so 'great in my life that in recent days, and now I am really in pieces, legs, back, and everything else. Pero 'I've done it and almost could not believe it. Well, it means that the fiber and 'good.
Just arrived in Haines, the evening before to find a campsite, I entered the first restaurant and I said I was making the pot more 'big that they had not matter what it was, and a beer giant, then maybe even another.
So I rolled almost up to the campground and this morning I returned to civilization and to put the pieces together.
Now I expect well-deserved four-day cruise by boat postal Marin Hwy, Long 's "Inside Passage", with brief stops in Juneau, the capital of the small' Alaska, and Prince Rupert, already 'in Canada, and disembark from here 'on August 16 in Port Hardy on Vancouver Island, for the last ride of 500 km. to Vancouver.
I send you all the kaleidoscope of sensations, colors, smells, moments, meetings, etc ..., that I experienced during my journey of 1,400 km. Alaska and Yukon, but not now I can not. It 's still all tangled and piled up inside me.
For now, only one word: beautiful, beautiful indeed! All of it.
And also some pictures, which makes most of 'the idea. Then more 'late I'll be able' to better convey this wonderful adventure. Thanks to all of
vs. comments. This time they gave me really a great pleasure.
A hug and see you soon, but 'I do not think first of Vancouver Island.
Hello. Angelo

0 comments:

Post a Comment