Sunday, December 7, 2008

How Much Do Truffles Cost

I like a poorly attended, the dead ends, the very rapid descents, endless business [...] REVOCATION - South

(I like everything that seems to TERMINATION - even better if the music is there - LOSS - even love can not exist without REVOCATION)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


In reality I speak of Wellington and Tongariro, but what I saw today is worth to be fixed before my disease, make me forget everything.
Then pretend to be in front of Mulholland Drive, forget that time is a linear concept and you will see that in the end everything will make sense (more or less).

This morning I went to Gisborne, a charming town full of palm trees, in the east coast.



Gisborne is famous for its fine weather and in fact , The heat was hallucinating again yesterday evening when I arrived, so that rather than shut myself up in a restaurant, I made the best hamburgers in the history of the hamburger (and I ate at the beach with your feet soaking in the ocean) in a I post in specially photographed the sign ....



(I swear that the name is random!)

leaving Gisborne, I took the infamous State Highway 35, which legends are told about how long it takes to follow it.
And I ended up literally in another world.
The East Cape is a border post.
feel it right away.
Meanwhile, there is only one road passing through it (note the SH35) and here there are not many tourists (except me, I will have met four gaunt surfers and a camper around) and this is the largest concentration of Maori in New Zealand, so that every couple of miles there is a marae ( place of worship and gathering Maori). And not in a tourist (as I have said happens in Rotorua), but just because there is real life.



above this is actually a church, but she also suffers from the inevitable cultural syncretism in the area (I have not photographed marae, being sacred because I'm always afraid of doing something bad).
on the beach I met an old Maori who want me to give part of the lobster, he began to explain the importance of the ocean and how the waves (he kept repeating waves, waves, not even know me), if you listen, you tell the meaning of life.

This part of the east coast is very different from the rest of New Zealand and has a mix of pride and decadent outpost of civilization on the anthology.



in fact, when you know it's hard to find gasoline, as well as supermarkets (actually very few) are struggling to be provided and civilization (let's talk) is at least 250-300 km, it is inevitable that the character of the place are affected





for us Europeans, I think it's a bit 'hard to understand ...
at the end of seats, so stubbornly kept isolated in Europe, perhaps, it does not exist anymore (except maybe some parts of Sardinia true).
The local people prefer to live in this state of decay apparent material and do not really want that this area be developed as the others.
If for the whites, the Maori people who have little desire to work, they respond that they do not keep us all to behave like Europeans, wherever they arrive, they use the earth to the end, reducing it to something useless and lifeless.
For Maori, it is important to take off their land, but more balanced than ours, on time and thinking of those who come after us (if you continue to take and take, what's left for the next generation?)



course, I love this place.

Besides all this philosophizing, I am, however, noticed in recent days that the number of sheep and, more importantly, lambs, around is falling drastically. At the same time, I see more trucks on several floors that smell of sheep, from which, every now and then, check a piece of an ear or nose. I know that woolly passengers are making their last trip to go to force-feed the mouths of Europeans who eat lamb Christmas.
But I can not think of a few days ago, those same lambs saw them jump happily grazing alongside their mothers ...
And will I have seen too many times babe Gallant Pig, but I guess I will not eat lamb for a while '...
Tomorrow morning I will try to get up an hour antediluvian to see the sunrise from the East Cape (one of the first places where the sun rises along the lines of the change of date). Knowing how little
gladly love to wake up early, do me good wishes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment