Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Co Najpierw Założyćfree Hosting

The Gates of Hell lie waiting as you see, there's no price to pay just follow me



one thing to read books that there are places on our planet crazy high geothermal activity, Rotorua and understood then you realize that things you read, seen live, are absurd.

simply park the car and starts to notice strange fumes and vapors from a park in the city center (Kuirau park) come down from the car and the air you remember the smell of rotten eggs and some aerosols, being loaded with sulfur.
you go into the park, to the vapors and also beginning to hear a gurgling ...



... I present a mud pool, a pool of boiling mud, apparently taken from a video game, but it's real, I swear, is just a few dozen meters from the houses usually inhabited. Obviously, mud pools are surrounded by fences, being in fact very dangerous as quicksand, in fact, finendoci in, we no longer see out of it, with the aggrevante that while drowning in the mud, there's also the misfortune of self- make-roast.

The waters that come in this place are so hot that you can not even touch them (I felt his hand in a gutter and I'm still hallucinating), but the effect they create lakes of boiling water with their vapor is very suggestive





in the city, then, is full of spas and spa fee, but, thanks to various and unexpected coincidences led me to about 16 km from Rotorua, in a place that I would never have found alone: \u200b\u200bKerosene Creek. This is a stream of hot springs (about 42 degrees) that runs in the middle of the sub-tropical forest: all this is absolutely not recommended, not Tourism and absolutely free! A wonderful place to spend a relaxing afternoon, warming up his ass.

Rotorua is also famous for its Maori culture. In fact, this town can be arranged several "cultural" to paying tourists to discover the habits and customs Maori.



Pure I attended one of these reconstructions (including the price of a visit to the geyser area) and I must say I found it quite false, even if well executed. In addition, I was surrounded by Koreans, that I believe are the most uncivilized people on the planet: a bunch of people screaming, having camera with which immortalize any crap except the essential, that you regularly pounding, confusion and do not follow the rules of civilized behavior of the place (take off shoes, hat and sunglasses to enter the marae).
Now if I see even a single Korean front bothers me ... who knows why!
Anyway, back to the show, the Maori have welcomed the group in front of the marae



with a kind of ritual with a lot of yelling, culminating in the Hong (the exchange of vital breath, which provides two people exchange pressures of the nose). Entered the marae, the Maori have begun their traditional dances and songs,





including the famous (and somewhat difficult to execute) haka



Personally, I found more interesting, the school of wood carving (the Maori were and remain among the best in the field)





Pohutu and a visit to the geyser, which erupts from 10 to 20 times per day, with eruptions as high as 20 meters that can last for up to 15-20 minutes.



(dell'haka of this and also I made some videos, that I will post in Italian)

And greet you with a just do not play with me and you will not get burned (like jimi Said), not to make me miss the foggy atmosphere of Ferrara, I am surrounded by the fumes of Rotorua (which is not quite the same thing):



I remind you also that in this post there is another recent post on the Tongariro and wellington. Now I'm in the north of the island in the north and between now and tomorrow I'm going to Cape Reinga, the northernmost point of New Zealand. See you soon!


0 comments:

Post a Comment