Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I-catcher Console – Web Monitor Pool

I've been a miner for a heart of gold

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Who ever underestimate the intuition commits big mistakes.
E 'intuition that I am choosing places to visit (apart from the lonely planet guide) and places to stop.
If I had not followed my intuition I would be, probably, to me plucking at some restaurant in Queenstown, a city very famous in these parts, since there was invented bungee jumping.
Well I went to Queenstown (and I'll come back tomorrow as well), but it struck me that much. First, it is very touristy, full of souvenir shops and outlets of large food chains, not (there is also Louis Vuitton). For goodness sake, there are also very nice local cafes and delicious. However, boh, not inspired me since dall'inzio all this frenzy of city where you have fun for strength. So I had already decided to stop in a village nearby (20 km) and the Lonely defined very picturesque and that inspired me a lot.
And I did very well.
Arrowtown, the village where I am, is a small gem and seems to literally come out of another world.

As you arrive, you are greeted by tree lined streets (they say beautiful in autumn) and the houses are all represented by wooden cottages.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


(this is the post office)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


the old town (actually one-way) is also on the same style cottages and keeps some a double sense: on the one hand, you think you ended up in far-west and you expect John Wayne come out shooting from a door

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


you can almost feel the other in Europe (France and Switzerland) when will appear in front of these cafes as

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


In reality well here is chock full of tourists, but at least there is a certain style. Arrowtown
became famous in the nineteenth century, following the discovery of gold in the sands dell'Arrow River (today the Arrow and some neighboring rivers are among the richest rivers of gold in the world).
The gold rush was a very important event in the history of this region and, in part, they have survived the testimony nell'inquietante Chinese settlement (issue of the barracks where they lived the first Chinese immigrants in New Zealand attracted by the yellow metal) .
The Chinese who came to New Zealand to improve their social status, were badly received by the local white population, so that made communication between them, especially those living in barracks, working from morning to evening.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


The region where I am is also famous for the production of wine (wineries boasting one of the most southerly in the world) and today I did not miss a visit made some in three of these companies, to taste the Pinot Noir (I also bought a bottle of quality characteristics peculiar to say the least), which won awards in the world.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


In a company I also dined happily accompanied by an excellent Sauvignon Blanc and Riesling a kind of sweet.
Here's my typical Mediterranean dish with all good things

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


and the dessert (cheesecake with white chocolate) with drawstring and lemon almond biscuits and apricot

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


I see you already that dribble like this cat on the sign of the chocolate

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


me, but after all I'm drinking "Lilac wine I feel unsteady."

0 comments:

Post a Comment