Sunday, November 16, 2008

I-catcher Console – Web Monitor Cctv

Rain is what the thunder brings,
for the first time I can hear my heart sing,
call me a fool but I know I'm not


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Already 2 days, the weather forecast New Zealand said that Sunday would be bad with "heavy rains in the southland." But since the weather here does not take us almost never (at least for what I've seen so far) I had not given much weight.
I did obviously very bad ...

This morning I woke up the flood.
Literally.
Never seen so much rain in my life. And, frankly, now I understand why there is all the wood that they call him around the fjords Rainforest (and believe)!
Anyway, today I booked my exploration of Milford Sound and the options that presented themselves were basically two: give up and lose the opportunity (and money) or the fate groped en route to Milford, 120 km below the flood with low clouds that not even the fog to the streets in Ferrara.
If you know me, know that obviously I chose the second option.
I left very early, because there is always a risk that collapses a tree (the trees of the rainforest are not planted in the ground, but hold the stones and it is not uncommon that fall under the weight of heavy rainfall or snow) and that they close the road.
Fortunately, none of this is happening. So
arrival in the parking lot (always under the flood) and I expect a walk of 10 minutes to get to the visitor center, indoor. A walk that normally would be very nice.
But not today.
the first time I try to exit the car and I am literally machine-gunned by the rain. In 30 seconds are not even wet.
Ok. I realized, wait, maybe raindrops (ceeeeeeeeeerto, silvia) and so I was cautious and I've brought supplies from home half the cheese and tomato pie and my new drug, a cake of carrots and raisins (with the right amount cinnamon) that drives me crazy (I eat tons of). And I also have a pint of apple juice (which always made me sick, but since the plane to come here because I drank liters of what was the least bad to drink, now even I buy at the supermarket). So I close it
in the car and I start to eat and drink (what a surprise, eh?)
With me is my new mascot, Ermenegildo, a merino sheep's true (as can be seen from the horns) she is shocked by the rain!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


that continues unabated.
Okay '. I understand. Needless to hope for a longer possible brightening. Obviously
arrival at the visitor center with wet feet and wet to the knee (the path to get there was completely flooded). I seem to be in a race for survival, I console myself that seeing the other people there like me are made.
take my boarding pass and await my sober ship blue and white, that will take me a fjord to see it now, is closer to the valleys of Comacchio.
Then I see a woman who chases me to tell me that they have canceled the start, but not to worry that I entrust it to another company.
Ok, no problem.
so I climb on the "Lady of sound" (never been more appropriate name) received by a hub-waiter, who looks like Boy George as a young man (in all senses).
Proof of it is the fact that, apart from walking like he was pulling for valentine with the wind whipping the ship from side to side (120-nodes you start to talk about hurricane 68), our Boy George at the first hint of a wave (and now the sea was very moved) ran up screaming and writhing to save the tea cups. Yes, there are more sailors than once: P
However, I was pretty pissed off for low clouds and shit for the time (although the captain of the ship continued to say that this was the perfect day for a visit to Milford ), but still did not know what I was wrong.
In fact, before departing in the village told me that I have seen many waterfalls
I still do not understand well.
Then I saw them.
Since both on the road to Milford, which in the fjord real mountains are not only high, literally overlooking the sea or the valley, are formed when it rains, thousands of waterfalls, which are impressive to behold.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


today I saw more waterfalls than I've ever seen in my entire life.
During the trip, our captain came under one of these cascades by experience the thrill (for those who wanted to remain on deck) to be under a jet of water that falls from a height of 130 meters.
Obviously I did not breathe and part (or breathe only water spray), and after being completely soaked, it was a wonderful experience.
Catartica and energy to the depths.
And this is my self-timer when I started to breathe for a moment and I dried.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


The experience of Milford Sound has been so completely different from that of relaxing and moving Doubtful.
At Milford, you literally feel the energy of the tumultuous life that flows into the fjord and, in a sense, whether you came, inevitably, be charged throughout this movement.
Perhaps this experience was possible precisely thanks to the emptying of the Doubtful. I do not know. What I know is that the Milford Sound will remain inside me forever, because, actually, how many pictures you have seen (this is the most photographed place in New Zealand), once you're there, you really feel something special.
As counsel, I feel so to say, that if by chance passed through here and have little time and do not know that you fjord, no doubt go to Milford. If it was so special even in a shitty day like today, I dare not even think about how it is with the sun shining on the mountains overlooking the sea.
I feel so full after seeing the Milford banging on the stereo in the car the whole Kid A and I'll laugh until my head comes off ...

Here I'm allowed, everything all of the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment